Friday, April 8, 2011

Butter

Why a post about butter, you may ask?
Why not?
And, after trying this type of butter your life will change.

Lurpak is Danish butter, made with milk from Danish cows,
which graze on Danish grass, that grows in Danish soil.
This 1/2lb. foil covered slab of goodness will take you to heaven (my son's words, not mine).
Spread this on a slice of fresh crusty bread, high quality PLEASE, and you will find yourself craving it.

How do I know you will crave it?
Because I have.

The first time I visited Denmark I had the pleasure of spreading Lurpak butter on my breakfast bread. Anytime we visited after that we always looked forward to eating it again and would search for it at buffets.

Imagine my excitement when I saw it in my grocers refrigerated section.
I quickly snatched it and ran to show my husband who was already in line at the checkout counter. 
His eyes lit up.
**I should mention that he lived in Denmark for a couple years.**
Without question it was added to our order, even though it is pricey, as far as butter goes.

The minute we got home he took a slice of the fresh bread and proceeded to add a layer of this creamy goodness to the top. We took turns enjoying each bite, adding audible approval each time. Umm.

Has poetry ever been written about butter?
Someone should.

No comments: